June 16, 2021
1. From the time the terrorist military regime staged a coup d’etat on 1st February 2021, it had been blatantly breaking the existing laws by arbitrarily making arrests on trumped up charges, arraigning cases using unjust penal codes and sentencing and imprisoning by passing prejudiced judgment, not just on our national leaders, but also on the general public. And the transgressions continue.
2. All these misdemeanours by the terrorist military regime not only brazenly violates the human rights and the rights of the citizenry but groups are being organised systematically by them to commit these criminal offences.
3. It is undeniably evident that the accusations and charges made against President U Win Myint, State Counsellor Daw Aung San Suu Kyi and other leaders of corruption under penal code 55 and penal code 55/63 on the 5th June 2021 at various police stations, is to unlawfully arrest and detain the State Counsellor and the elected leaders and is, amongst others, one of the fabricated indictments. The military council’s puerile way of illegitimately framing our leaders in order to defame and dishonour their dignity is probably the council’s exit strategy.
4. It is also evident that by forcibly taking over power from the People’s government by means of a coup makes their rule illegitimate making their legislation and their law courts unconstitutional.
5. We hereby declare that because of the military council’s aforementioned unconstitutional and unlawful undertakings, the dignity and integrity as a nation is in doubt in the world and are the result of their deplorable and maleficent way of administering a justice system.